RULES AND GUIDELINES FOR PARTICIPATION
Call for fiction, documentary and animation productions of all nationalities, projects will be received between July 1 and September 30, 2019.
1.- The MIFF calls are open to feature films and short films of all nationalities including national projects.
2. Short films must have a maximum duration of 30 minutes and feature films of at least 70 minutes.
3. - The filmmakers can enter several projects.
4. - The productions are open themed.
5. - The productions must be in their original language with Spanish subtitles, in case the original language is Spanish they must be subtitled in English.
6. - The organization of the MIFF is not responsible for the use of images or songs used in the participating productions without the proper authorization of its owner.
7. - The works that have some legal inconvenience either for patrimonial property or for any other aspect will be eliminated from the competition.
8. - Works with discriminatory content will not be accepted.
9. - The organization of the MIFF does not assume any type of responsibility for legal proceedings due to copyright in the music, session of image rights and other components of the participating films.
10. - The participating projects accept the exhibition of each production in the framework of the Festival between November 12 and 16, 2019, where the use of extracts and photograms of the productions in the teaser, in the activities, and in the the official means of the festival, including those of remote access known as Internet.
The jury is composed of renowned personalities in the artistic and cultural field of Colombia:
María Cecilia Sánchez - Actress
Álvaro Vélez - Historian and cartoonist
Oswaldo Osorio - Historian, writer and cultural manager
- Technical quality
The official selection of the festival will be announced on October 15 in the media of the Festival and through a direct communication to the selected of the competitions.
The feature film competition in the fiction, animation and documentary categories has a cost of 25 USD.
The short film competition in the fiction, animation and documentary categories has a cost of 15 USD.
Best Fiction Feature Film - 1000 USD
Best Animation Feature Film - 1000 USD
Best Documentary Feature - 1000 USD
Best Fiction Short Film - 500 USD
Best Animation Short Film - 500 USD
Best Documentary Short Film - 500 USD